Hays County Democrats Elected to State, National Positions
Hays County Democrats were well represented at the Texas Democratic Party’s state convention, with 235 registered delegates spread among Texas Senate District 21 and Senate District 25.
Delegates from each of those districts elected these Hays County Democrats to the following national and state party positions:
- Rose Brooks of San Marcos (SD21), national delegate for Joe Biden
- Armando Flores of Kyle (SD21), alternate national delegate for Bernie Sanders
- Jocabed Marquez of San Marcos (SD25), national delegate for Bernie Sanders
- Gabriel Ortiz of San Marcos (SD25), national delegate for Joe Biden
- Diana Robinson of Buda (SD25), presidential elector
- Jourdan Spence of San Marcos (SD25), national delegate for Bernie Sanders
- Katie Steele of San Marcos (SD21), member of Credentials Committee
A productive week of workshops, committee meetings and caucuses culminated with guest appearances from dignitaries such as Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Beto O’Rourke, Julian and Joaquin Castro, and others. The convention, which was held entirely online this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ended June 6.