Hays County Democratic County Convention Health and Safety
In this uncertain time, safety is our number one priority. We will continue to monitor and provide updates as needed. We will listen to the advice of the local health department and officials regarding the COVID-19 outbreak caused by the novel coronavirus. According to the rules of the Texas Democratic Party, the Hays County Convention will move forward on Saturday, March 21 to select delegates to the state convention and adopt resolutions. Attendees are encouraged to pre-register using the link below. For additional questions regarding the convention please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The pre-registration link will ask that you affirm that you affiliate yourself with the Democratic Party and voted in the Democratic Primary, select your county, and input your contact information. You may also indicate if you wish to be considered for an appointment to serve as a delegate to the state convention in June. You may pre-register and indicate your interest in serving as a delegate even if you are unable to attend.
CDC Current Risk Assessment
- For most people the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low. This virus is not currently widespread in the United States.
- New guidance encourages older adults to ‘stay at home as much as possible’ due to increased risks from COVID-19.
- People in places where ongoing community spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 has been reported are at elevated risk of exposure, with increase in risk dependent on the location. You can monitor Texas cases here: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/
- Healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19 are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Close contacts of persons with COVID-19 are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Travelers returning from affected international locations where community spread is occurring are at elevated risk of exposure, with increase in risk dependent on the location.
- CDC has developed guidance to help in the risk assessment and management of people with potential exposures to COVID-19.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Prevention and Treatment
Steps to Prevent Illness
For more information
Texas Democrats Convention Links
Sign up for your county convention: 2020.TexasDemocrats.org
State convention website: TexasDemocraticConvention.com