Candidate Filing Schedule for Hays County Democrats
If you are filing to be on the Democratic Party Primary Ballot, you are required to file your candidacy
through the Hays County Democratic Party. The office is located at 215 W. San Antonio, San Marcos, TX
The following hours will be available for candidates to file:
- Saturday, Nov. 13 th 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 14 th 10:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 16 th 12:00 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 18 th 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 20 th 10:00 –12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 23 rd 12:00 p.m.—1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 27 th 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 30 th 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 2 nd 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 4 th 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 7 th 12:00 p.m.—1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 9 th 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 11 th 10 a.m. –12:00 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 13 th 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
If you want to set an appointment to file your candidacy outside of these hours, please contact Judge Linda Rodriguez at 512-753-2875. Additionally, if you are having difficulty entering the building, please contact Judge Rodriguez or Mark Trahan at 512-429-4983.
If collecting signatures in lieu of candidate filing fees, the candidate needs to verify voter ID numbers prior to submitting signatures to the party. For candidates who are obtaining signatures in lieu of candidate filing fees, please plan to obtain at least 30 extra signatures. Please attempt to avoid submitting signatures at the last minute.
Links to Important Forms
- Application for a place on the ballot
- Filing fees
- Petition in lieu of a filing fee
- Qualifications for all public offices
- All other forms